The End.
So, I personally didn't like the last song of the musical, 'Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story'.
I did not think that this particular song was a good way to end the show. The song didn't fit in well with the rest of the pieces. I think that the show should have been capped off with the death of Hamilton.
I do, however, love the backstory that comes along with this song.
Eliza worked tirelessly for years to try and save Alexander's name that he worked so hard for. Even though during his affair she chose to write herself out of the narrative, she worked continually after his death to try and piece together the legacy of his story.
Eliza interviewed hundreds of soldiers to get their stories of the time she spent with Hamilton. All of her findings were later published and were even used in the book that would later help Lin-Manuel Miranda to write the musical, 'Hamilton'.
Though I see how this piece adds to the overall story of this musical, I wish that it would have been either placed somewhere else in the musical or scrapped all together.
So, one last question: What do you think? Scrap this song or keep it?
Thanks, Hamilton, for an awesome semester!




I understand where your coming from that Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story does not seem to fit with some of the other songs, but I believe its important because it offers some meta-commentary on the musical itself. It leaves the audience with a question to ponder because no one would really know much about Hamilton's story if it weren't for Miranda and the success of the musical.
ReplyDelete