So for this blog post about the song, 'Cabinet Battle #1', I wanted to get more of a visual. This song is full of roasts and I thought it would be very fun to see what this might look like in person. Much to my amusement, I found this story board version of the song:
The main thing that I liked better about the story board version was that the artist displayed Hamilton in blue and Jefferson in red. This stark difference made the story very easy to follow. The song version, however, is a bit harder to understand. Without previously knowing the characters, it would be easy for a listener to be confused.
While I am sure the in-person/musical version of this song is easy to follow, I think it would have been interesting if there was a noticeable costume or lighting change during the performance to further enhance the onstage duel.
I found it very interesting when looking at the pictures how barren the stage was during this song. The people on stage only sat in chairs with little to no scenery. I think this song could have been turned into so much more through the use of showy props, scenery, lighting, or costumes.
So, what do you think? Do you think that such an interesting an dynamic song such as this one should have been given more attention, or do you think that making the song any more showy than it was would be too over the top?





No comments:
Post a Comment